5th Bangkok Workshop on Discrete Geometry, Dynamics and Statistics
|From||Monday 23rd January 2023|
|To||Friday 27th January 2023|
|Location||Department of Physics, Chulalongkorn University, Bangkok, Thailand||Link|
Following a 2-year interruption we are resuming this workshop series.
The workshop will focus on mathematical physics of discrete systems, and in particular its applications to random geometries. Real-life motivations for such studies range from attempts to quantize gravity to problems in condensed matter physics to mathematical modelling of cooperative phenomena in macroscopic communities. Some concrete directions include:
- Discrete random geometries with applications to gravity quantization,
- Discrete mathematical models in equilibrium and non-equilibrium statistical physics (the Ising model and its relatives, percolation, lattice gases, etc),
- Random matrix and tensor models,
- Random graphs and dynamics of complex networks,
- Topics in lattice gauge theory (especially with emphasis on analytic approaches),
- Conformal field theories (especially with connections to the above subjects),
- Discrete dynamics (cellular automata, spin chains, etc).
The talks are expected to be informal and interactive, with a substantial pedagogical component.